[Mpi-forum] September MPI Forum / Agenda and Reminder to Register

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Sep 2 17:27:53 CDT 2014

On Sep 2, 2014, at 6:21 PM, Balaji, Pavan <balaji at anl.gov> wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2014, at 5:17 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 2, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Schulz Martin <schulzm at llnl.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> As we can add this, but I don’t see how this can be a formal reading.
>>> There is no single text - there are still two options.
>
> The text has a single combined version.  There’s no two options in the text.

>From 411:

"Proposed Solution:

Two possible solutions are being proposed:

	• We reserve the "mpi_" namespace and forbid implementations from using keys in that name space.
	• Solution 1 + we rename existing info keys to start with "mpi_" and deprecate the older info key names.
The attached PDF provides solution 2, but it can easily be modified to solution 1 by simply dropping some changes, since solution 1 is a proper subset of solution 2. Specifically, the only change for solution 1 will be the one sentence addition on the first page of Chapter 9 (page 365)."

Does your PDF not agree with your ticket text?

That is most confusing.

>> +1.  It looks like you missed the deadline due to inactivity.
>
> Did I miss an email asking for tickets to be listed?  I thought we just upload the document on the ticket, which I did over a month ago.  But I don’t want to fight for it.  If folks feel this can’t be a formal reading in September, we can do this in December.

Per the rules document:

"General text proposals use the following process to be accepted into an MPI
standards document:

1. Have a formal reading at a physical MPI Forum meeting where the meeting
quorum has been met.

(a) The final text of the proposal to be read must be made publicly
available via the general MPI Forum broadcast email list at least
two weeks prior to the start date of the physical MPI Forum meeting
at which it is to be formally read."

I don't see an email from you on the mpi-forum mailing list announcing 411 until today.

jsquyres at cisco.com