[Mpi-forum] December 2020 Vote Results and Officer Nominations

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Thu Dec 10 13:34:00 CST 2020

Hi all,

Since the voting block for this meeting ended up starting late and we couldn’t announce the results during the call, here they are:

Vote Topic: #327: Errata, Large Count Fixes (errata)
Yes	No	Abstain	Missed	Result
28	0	1	0	Passed

ANL	Atos	CEA	Cisco	EPCC	Julich	Fujitsu	HLRS	IBM	INRIA
Intel	LLNL	LANL	NEC	NVIDIA	ORNL	ParaTools	RWTH	SNL	TUM
TN Tech	TACC	UAB	U Basel	UIUC	UNM	UTC	UTK	TU Wien
Vote Topic: Ballot to approve release candidate (1st)
Yes	No	Abstain	Missed	Result
27	0	2	0	Passed

ANL	Atos	CEA	Cisco	EPCC	Julich	Fujitsu	HLRS	IBM	INRIA
Intel	LLNL	LANL	NEC	NVIDIA	ORNL	ParaTools	RWTH	SNL	TUM
TN Tech	TACC	UAB	U Basel	UIUC	UNM	UTC	UTK	TU Wien
You can find the full results for the meeting here:

https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2020/12/votes <https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2020/12/votes>

So the meeting in February will be an official Final Ratification Meeting (FRM) and we’ll follow all of the procedures that go in that direction. I’ll remind everyone exactly what that means next Wednesday during the virtual meeting or you can refer to the slides from September here:

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-forum.github.io/raw/master/slides/2020/09/2020-09-30-rcm-frm-procedures.pptx <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-forum.github.io/raw/master/slides/2020/09/2020-09-30-rcm-frm-procedures.pptx>

As another reminder (and as you may have already seen), we’ve opened nominations for the officer positions for the MPI Forum (through the next release of the MPI Standard). Nominations should be sent to the main MPI Forum mailing list and I’ll add them to the website for the February meeting. You can find the full list of all nominees here:

https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2021/02/agenda <https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2021/02/agenda>

Thanks for participating in a very productive (albeit somewhat exhausting) meeting,
Wes