[Mpi-forum] Better Use of Time Monday Afternoon

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 7 09:39:38 CST 2012

Rich:

I have been lurking on the FT mailing list and
I have observed that we are far from agreement
on the form of interface on which we should
standardize, let alone how to spell it. While
I appreciate the time that you and Josh have put
into the RTS proposal, it is clear that we should
not adopt it at this time. As a result, I
respectfully comment that a reading of the RTS
ticket on Monday afternoon is not a productive
use of the Forum's time. I think it would be much
better to review the new proposals (and perhaps
changes to the RTS proposal). Further, since we
are already running long for this March meeting,
we should reduce the session to a more reasonable
two or three hours and not five.

I relaize that you are free to insist on reading
the ticket. However, I do not see the benefit of
ramming through the reading only to have it almost
certainly be defeated when it comes time to vote.

Bronis