[Mpi-forum] \MPIreplace and verbatim blocks

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:57:00 CDT 2011

This is an example of why I would have preferred for MPI-3 to be a new
document.  There is really no way to do this, because it is changing
the basic structure of the document (adding sections or even chapters
is ok, changing levels is not).  The change macros can only be used to
mark changes to the text.

What I could provide is a way to allow you to describe the old state,
rather than running the commands from the prior version.  However, I
don't see much value in that.  Instead, I'd use the approach in the
RMA chapter for the moved examples - simply describe what has changed
and leave it at that.

Bill