[Mpi-forum] \MPIreplace and verbatim blocks

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Mon Jun 13 16:03:23 CDT 2011

Hi Bill,

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:00 AM, William Gropp wrote:

> I need to add \MPIreplaceBegin and MPIreplaceEnd for this - they will
> parallel the use of MPIupdateBegin/MPIupdateEnd.  Until I do, you can
> use the MPIdeleteBegin/End and MPIupdateBegin/End .  In general, the
> Begin/End versions need to be used whenever any non-trivial TeX magic
> (such as verbatim) is taking place.

Is there any way to handle situations in which section or
subsection commands get changed? In particular, for MPI_T
we need to change \chapter into \section, \section into
\subsection, etc. and I am not sure how to annotate that
so it conforms with the rest of the documents. Just using the
begin/end macros doesn't work since it still executes both
commands in this case.

Any help on this would be great,