[mpiwg-tools] Extra meetings

Kathryn Mohror kathryn at llnl.gov
Sun Mar 27 14:32:00 CDT 2016

Hi all,

Last week on the call, we discussed an issue that has come up:  While people
like the division between "tools calls" and "debugger calls" (where we focus
on one topic area at each bi-weekly meeting), that means that we only talk
about tools or debuggers once a month. This limits the amount of progress we
can make significantly, and the likelihood that we need to rehash old news
increases since so much time has passed.

An idea was to increase the frequency of Tools WG meetings to weekly, and
then continue to alternate "tools calls" and "debugger calls" so that now
each will meet bi-weekly instead of monthly. This idea was agreeable to the
folks on the call on March 24, but since it was a "tools call" there were
not very many debugger people attending. So, I am sending this email to try
to get a feel of what the larger group thinks.

How do debugger people feel about this idea? Do you have the cycles to
devote to a bi-weekly meeting? (We could always cancel one if progress has
been slowed for some reason) Do you have the alternating 8:00 AM/11:00 AM
slot free?

Okay, in a (possibly futile) attempt to streamline this, I have made a
doodle poll to get feedback on this:
http://doodle.com/poll/hpnksh527ptt5kqp

FILL IT OUT NOW. IT IS EASY. THERE ARE ONLY TWO QUESTIONS :-)

Kathryn
Kathryn Mohror, kathryn at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
Scalability Team @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA,
USA