[mpiwg-tools] proposed text

Marc-Andre Hermanns m.a.hermanns at grs-sim.de
Wed Nov 19 09:54:33 CST 2014

Hi Kathryn,

I think we don't have to search&replace the word string for <foo> string
throughout the chapter. I think we only need to define <foo> string in
14.3.3 and then state for the 6 parameters so far that those are foo
strings.

By and large <foo> strings are just like other C string. We just have
additional requirements to what "identical" means. That is why I came up
with the name: "quasi-identical", because they are not identical in the
normal C string sense (str*cmp). As "quasi-identical" is a new kind of
string, that probably no-one heard in a different context, so has no
preoccupation on what it could mean, a reader should go: "What's that?"
and refer to Section 14.3.3.

What's the groups take on the name "quasi-identical"?

Should we have an "out-of-order" telco tomorrow to discuss this? As we
need to finalize our wording by Monday in order for 383 to be an errata,
I think we need to make progress before the weekend.

Cheers,
Marc-Andre

PS: I know (almost) everyone is at SC, but maybe we can find a time for
a call.

email: m.a.hermanns at grs-sim.de