[Mpi3-tools] Typo in MPI-3 MPIT interface

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 8 10:53:36 CST 2013

Following prior MPI errata, we did create errata items for typos.

I think the basic rules are simple:

1. If we are listing errata for a published version of the standard, then we vote on them as errata.  They are listed in the errata document, even typos.

2. While creating a new version of the standard, committees (such as chapter committees) should take responsibility for producing text, with voting rules applied to the chapter and major changes (such as new routines).  Note that the typos get voted upon as part of the chapter.

In both cases, the goal is to focus on the substantive issues.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign