[Mpi3-tools] Next TelCon?

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Wed May 25 00:45:37 CDT 2011

Hi Marc-Andre, all,

On May 24, 2011, at 6:00 AM, Marc-Andre Hermanns wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it got awfully quiet on the list. Did I miss anything?

Sorry, this was my fault - I was on travel last week at
IPDPS and on vacation after the MPI forum the week
before, so I haven't had a chance to send anything
out.

> Last thing I heard/read was Jeff stating that MPIT didn't pass the
> reading (yet it still made the list for MPI 3.0).
>
> What were the main points of critique?

Kathryn already provided a good summary - here are some
comments from my notes:

We had a discussion (again) on whether to support Fortran
and we (I think) finally put this to rest. Besides that, there were
several smaller discussion points, incl. a (IMHO) good proposal
to get rid of the attributes without loosing functionality or
extensibility. In addition, it was found that the document needs
a lot of cleaning up and small fixes to make it compliant with
the rest of the standard.

> When is the next TelCon?

My suggestion is that I take a first crack at cleaning up the
document and that we meet again once this is done and
people had a bit to review the changes. Looking at the
forum schedule, we need to have the draft for the reading
on 7/4. To make this a final version that has hopes for
passing the reading, we decided during the meeting that
we need a complete draft two weeks before that, i.e., on
6/20 for people to review and comment.

Ill try my best to have a first version out 1-2 weeks before
that and that would be the time I would suggest to have
another call on MPI-T - probably on 6/13.

If there are other issues that the tools WG should discuss in
the meantime, please let me know and we can schedule
those independently.

> Is anyone at ICS/WHIST next week?

Yes, I will be around. Looking forward to seeing you again
there!

Martin