[mpiwg-rma] RMA Errata

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Jan 22 02:30:14 CST 2015

> #1 -- ...
> lock/unlock).  I believe this was an oversight, and we intended that the
> load/store operations target the rank that allocated the memory.

I expect that this is a restriction that is not needed and that does not
fit to the idea and reality of shared memory.

There should be no difference on p processes between a program that
 A) allocates with MPI_Win_allocate_shared on each process n bytes,
    and then all process call MPI_Win_shared_query to get
    the baseptr of process rank 0 and they use this baseptr for
    all loads and stores.
and
 B) that allocates on all processes zero Bytes, except on one process where
    n*p bytes are allocated,
    and then /as in A) all process call MPI_Win_shared_query to get
    the baseptr of process rank 0 and they use this baseptr for
    all loads and stores.

Therefore, a better solution is needed.

Rolf