[mpiwg-rma] RMA Errata

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:34:16 CST 2015

#1 -- The effective target rank of load/store operations is currently not
defined on shared memory windows.  That statement may seem like nonsense.
However, it is important for situations where load/store operations
interact with RMA operations that do have an explicit target rank (e.g.
lock/unlock).  I believe this was an oversight, and we intended that the
load/store operations target the rank that allocated the memory.

#2 -- Yes, sounds like we are in agreement

 ~Jim.