[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: Call for errata

Barrett, Brian W bwbarre at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 29 15:07:45 CST 2013

Rolf,

On 1/29/13 3:34 AM, "Rolf Rabenseifner" <rabenseifner at hlrs.de> wrote:

>For MPI-next, errata should be noticed through two marks:

<snip>

>I hope that this will work fine for the future and
>with a minimum of overhead.

Where did this proposal come from?  It certainly wasn't from the main
Forum body or from the architecture review board.  I doubt it came from
the steering committee as a whole.  There's absolutely no reason to use
prefixes in the title rather than versions (one now exists for MPI-3.0
errata).  We should use the tools to their full effect, rather than doing
error-prone things like prefixes.  And we should all agree on policies and
procedures, rather than one person coming up with something and stating it
as fact.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett