[Mpi3-rma] Next RMA Telecon

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 9 17:39:02 CST 2011

Hello Again,

I created ticket #308 and #309 (I'm not 100% convinced by #309). Please
comment as appropriate.

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/308
https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/309

I also removed win_lock_all(exclusive) from #284.

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/284

I also talked to Marc and he explained that the idea was that the lock
can essentially be implemented as nonblocking (blocking at first use).
However, together with local buffering (the first n puts may be
nonblocking and the n-th put may block after the buffer is exhausted),
this could create arbitrary blocking RMA operations (from a user's
perspective). Marc agreed that this may be hard to program. So this
functionality was clearly intended but the consequences may not be and
this issue may need to be fixed.

He will look into this in detail and get back to us.

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten