[Mpi3-rma] Next RMA Telecon

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 9 15:36:18 CST 2011

Hello All,

The telecon ended after 1.5 hours and I'm summarizing our discussions
and decisions below:

> 1) Adam's suggestion that datatype offsets have to be relative to MPI_BOTTOM
- Torsten creates a ticket to remove this sentence

> 2) disp_unit should not be fixed (one can create one window for each)
- this issue was resolved and the comment will be ignored by Adam's
  advice

> 3) allocate_shared proposal with MPI_Win_lock_all(exclusive)
- remove MPI_Win_lock_all(exclusive) from the proposal and re-read

> 4) ticket 300: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/300
- Torsten will talk to Marc and report back

> 5) ticket 283: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/283
- Jim will bring a full proposal forward

> 6) Adam suggested: p23, 6-7 Regarding status, we should either say that
>    all fields are undefined (except for the error) or we should specify
>    all values, e.g., what about values returned for MPI_GET_COUNT,
>    MPI_GET_ELEMENTS, or MPI_TEST_CANCELLED? Replace "The values of the
>    MPI_SOURCE and MPI_TAG fields are undefined." with "All other fields
>    in status are undefined." -- Question: Would it be useful to set
>    fields for count and get elements?
- Torsten will create a ticket to clarify that everything that is not
  explicitly specified remains undefined (similar to I/O)

Comments are welcome!

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead