[Mpi3-rma] Updated Proposal 1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 8 00:22:45 CST 2010

On 12/07/2010 11:32 PM, Torsten Hoefler wrote:
> 1) moved the lockfree (or conflictfree) mode to the JoD

Sorry, Torsten :-).

> 2) added a discussion about ordering (Section 11.8.2)

The new discussion is better, but:

(a) I think the ordering discussion requires some edits to some places
earlier in the chapter too (see proposal 2).

(b) Do we know any network (except ones that emulate one-sided
communication over two-sided messaging) that provide strict ordering? As
far as I know, most networks only provide ordering between PUTs (or
atomic PUTs). Ordering between GETs is also not provided, unless the
user does a flush after each GET operation. Is this only for convenience?

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji