[Mpiwg-large-counts] Large Count - the principles for counts, sizes, and byte and nonbyte displacements

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Oct 24 12:13:32 CDT 2019

> I think that changes the conversation entirely, right?

Not the first part, the state-of-current-MPI.

It may change something for the future, or a new interface may be needed.

Please, can you describe how MPI_Get_address can work with the
different variables from different memory segments.

Or whether a completely new function or a set of functions is needed.

If we can still express variables from all memory segments as
input to MPI_Get_address, there may be still a way to flatten
the result of some internal address-iquiry into a flattened
signed integer with the same behavior as MPI_Aint today.

If this is impossible, then new way of thinking and solution
may be needed.

I really want to see examples for all current stuff as you
mentioned in your last email.

Best regards
Rolf