[Mpi3-hybridpm] Reminder for telecon tomorrow

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 15 18:25:21 CST 2010

On 02/15/2010 02:51 PM, Douglas Miller wrote:
> Here is the document for starting a discussion on additional parallelism
> models.

Thanks Doug. I think the biggest issue here is the lack of a concrete
API and semantics. This (at least for me) was the cause of the most
confusion. That is, can a user provide a helper thread to the MPI
implementation for a random period of time? How does the thread detach
(does some other thread detach or does the MPI implementation "let go"
of the thread when it's done)?

If you can add some notes about these, that'll be great. Either ways, we
can discuss these issues during tomorrow's call.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji