[Mpi3-hybridpm] Hybrid WG meeting at the Forum

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 7 08:08:11 CST 2010

On 12/07/2010 08:03 AM, Douglas Miller wrote:
> Well, I was thinking we did not need to restrict MPI_HELPER_* to only
> MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE, as I think these routines are easily made thread
> safe independently of the rest of MPI. I would like to see these be
> more-widely usable.

Convincing the Forum about that is an uphill battle, AFAICT (not sure
which way I'll vote on that, either). I'd like to not add that in the
initial proposal. If you like, we can create a second proposal chapter
(like what we are doing in the RMA WG) with these "additional changes"
which will be good to have, but not critical.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji