[Mpi3-ft] Fault Tolerance (sub)Chapter or Tighter Integration

Joshua Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Thu Mar 3 11:16:58 CST 2011

Yeah, that is along the lines I was thinking. It might be useful to do a plenary session to introduce the forum to the general concepts that we are playing with at the moment, and get some initial feedback. Maybe introduce the run-through stabilization proposal after we start to get a feel for the recovery proposal. But not necessary a plenary session as a means to a first reading. I think we need to have a good feel for the recovery semantics (implementation, application uses, ...) before we start thinking about preparing for a reading/vote.

My intention with this email was just to get a feeling if folks have started thinking about what a standard PDF would look like with these additions. A clean PDF version of the developing proposal might be useful for someone new to see just the changes to the standard we are presenting, without all of our notes as with the wiki. I don't know if any of us have the cycles to start putting together the PDF, but if we did I was just curious if there was a preference on how to integrate the text.

I kind of like the idea of adding a section to the Environmental Management chapter, then putting pointers to this chapter throughout the document as necessary. But I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other.

Thanks,
Josh