[Mpi3-ft] Con Call on 1/4/2009

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Wed Jan 21 10:14:07 CST 2009

One of the items I do think we need to consider in this context is ways for
letting the different layers coordinate.  Right now, the way we have
specified  the layered recovery mode we don't provide any ability within the
standard to coordinate between layers (order callbacks, and ?). We need to
go down the path of thinking what one might do along these lines that is
general purpose, and whether or not this adds any sort of help in the
overall recovery process.  I have not had time to think about this, but am
tossing this out 45 minutes before the call :-)

Rich