[MPI3 Fortran] MPI_INIT issues

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Wed Feb 20 11:39:36 CST 2013

Well, the descriptions of these routines has a lot of
"processor-dependent" noise because the method for executing a program
could be "unexpected".  However, the normal, unix-like command line
should behave normally.  In F08, essentially all programs are assumed
parallel, so I don't see the argument for serial only.

 > cat commd.f90
program test
   integer :: nargs,i,rank
   character(100) :: arg

   me = this_image()-1
   nargs = command_argument_count()
   call get_command_argument (0,arg)
   print *, "Rank ",me," command name = ",trim(arg)
   do i=1,nargs
      call get_command_argument (i,arg)
      print *, "Rank ",me," arg ", i," = ",trim(arg)
   end do
end program test

 > ftn commd.f90
 > aprun -n4 ./a.out arg1 arg2
  Rank  1  command name = ./a.out
  Rank  1  arg  1  = arg1
  Rank  1  arg  2  = arg2
  Rank  0  command name = ./a.out
  Rank  2  command name = ./a.out
  Rank  3  command name = ./a.out
  Rank  2  arg  1  = arg1
  Rank  0  arg  1  = arg1
  Rank  2  arg  2  = arg2
  Rank  0  arg  2  = arg2
  Rank  3  arg  1  = arg1
  Rank  3  arg  2  = arg2
Application 10969216 resources: utime ~0s, stime ~2s

I would expect the same output whether the parallelism was native or
MPI.  So, it seems like it might be a solution in search of a problem.