[MPI3 Fortran] MPI_INIT issues

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 12:17:22 CST 2013

On Feb 20 2013, Bill Long wrote:

>I would expect the same output whether the parallelism was native or
>MPI.  So, it seems like it might be a solution in search of a problem.

I wouldn't.  I have used a couple of MPIs where the arguments got through
to only the local (to mpiexec) or first process; I can't remember if I
ever experimented where there was no local MPI process and such MPIs.
On at least one, they didn't get through at all.

If I can guess the issue, the usual solution is (in any language) to
read the command arguments (or unpick environment variables) on process
zero and broadcast them.  If that doesn't get them, at least all
processes get the same ones and some other kludge can be tried.  That's
really all that is needed.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.