[Mpi-forum] EuroMPI Starts Today, MPI-Forum starts Thursday, Joint Session on Wednesday

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Mon Sep 6 23:34:43 CDT 2021

Hi all,

Just as a quick reminder, EuroMPI and the MPI Forum will be this week, with a joint session between the two on Wednesday (more below). If you haven't registered, yet, please do so at https://www.eurompi21.lrz.de/ - registration is free!

EuroMPI 2021
============

EuroMPI 2021 starts today with a keynote by Olga Pearce and several paper presentations plus a poster/open discussion session. Tomorrow (Wednesday) we will have two topical sessions on RMA and MPI Sessions where we will look into the future of these two important concepts - more on this below. The conference will run 9am to 1pm US CT each day.

September MPI Forum

Starting Thursday we will transition into the MPI Forum starting on Thursday with plenary discussions, mainly focusing on MPI 4.1 - the agenda is at https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2021/09/agenda. The forum will run 9am to 1pm US CT each day.

Joint Session on Wendesday

In the spirit of bringing EuroMPI closer to the activities of the MPI Forum, we will use the second day of EuroMPI to discuss perspectives on two important topics for MPI 5.0: RMA and Sessions - for each topic we will have a separate session starting with a vision talk by Bill Gropp for RMA and Dan Holmes for Session, followed by three paper presentations on these topics, and then an interactive panel discussion. While officially part of EuroMPI, this will also guide discussions in the forum - therefore, we also invite all Forum participants to join us in this session (please register for the conference to get the link - it is free!)

Looking forward to seeing/hearing you all this week!

Best regards,

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de