[Mpi-forum] Update from the MPI Forum: Next MPI Meetings

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Fri Dec 10 17:43:13 CST 2021

Hi all,

Thanks to all for a quite productive (and at times intense) meeting last week. I think we made good progress on several issues.

For those who were not there at the end, we also covered next meetings - Wesley already put them on the website (thanks!), but here is a summary as well:

- We decided to make the next meeting virtual again - it will be in the week of Feb. 28. The exact number of days and the timing will be decided again closer to the meeting, depending on the agenda. Expect a 9am CT start, though, and likely 3 or 4 hours for each day (as we had it up to now as well)
- The May meeting will be in the week of May 23rd (after the OpenMP F2F, before ISC and IPDPS) - this meeting will either be virtual or hybrid, with a preference of hybrid if we can make it work safely. In this case, we are still looking for organizations that can host us and that have a good setup for hybrid meetings. If you would be willing to be a host, please let Wesley and me know.

Until the Feb/Mar meeting, we will have a series of virtual meetings in our usual 2h slot at 10am CT on Wednesdays (starting in January after the holidays). To make things more easily accessible, we already specified the topics:

12 January, 10:00 - 12:00 - RMA Terms (Joseph S)
19 January, 10:00 - 12:00 - Logical Concurrency (Dan H)
26 January, 10:00 - 12:00 - HW Topologies (Guillaume M)
2 February, 10:00 - 12:00 - Tools WG Topics (Marc-Andre H)
9 February, 10:00 - 12:00 - Continuations (Joseph S)
16 February, 10:00 - 12:00 - Hybrid / Accelerators Discussions (Jim D)
23 February, 10:00 - 12:00 - Logical Concurrency (Dan H)

No Meetings anymore in December

With that, happy holidays to all of you and see you all in the new year!

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de