[Mpi-forum] New version of the "Semantic Terms" - Reminder: MPI Virtual Forum Meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) 10am CT

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Jan 21 14:09:53 CST 2020

Dear all,

I just uploaded the new version for the virtual meeting this Wednesday.

New annotated version for the virtual meeting, Jan 22, 2020;

 https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/files/4093195/mpi-report-issue96-2020-01-21-annotated.pdf

It includes all changes that were decided during the reading at Albuquerque (blue change bar).
Additionally, it includes proposals to solve the following Problems (green Change bar):

 - To define blocking / nonblocking only for the routines that
   are associated with an operation,
   and not also for all service and query routines.
   See page 14, lines 26-27, and page 15, lines 5-6.

 - The forum decided that local was ever "de facto" defined as a weak local.
   It was obvious during the meeting that there is a big problem of understanding.
   Therefore I propose some clarifications that
   we'll not repeat such discussions every year.
   See page 14, lines 10-24.

 - Footnotes 13), 17-20) on pages 722-724

 - Extension of the change-log about the changed
   definition of local, see page 839, lines 36-39.

I hope you have time to come to our virtual Meeting
that we can discuss at least these 4 topics.

Best regards
Rolf and Claudia