[Mpi-forum] Gentle reminder: Chapter Committees action needed by next week (21 Jan 2020)

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Jan 14 10:51:59 CST 2020

The Pythonization group has Pythonized the bindings in the entire document.  We've completed a first correctness pass over the work, but we need more eyes to compare the end result of our work to the (non-Pythonized) head of the mpi-4.x branch.

Some of you have already done your review.  Thank you!!

To be clear: this review does not include Embiggening.  It is more-or-less the "MPI-3.1" style of function bindings.

See this wiki page for instructions<https://github.com/mpiwg-large-count/large-count-issues/wiki/pythonizing-initial-review>.

For additional information, also see the Pythonization slides presented at the Forum in December<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QZyh6TbjDMu7mEcNqBFfe9fFOltaCtxgZ2ZODzdtDpI/edit#slide=id.g5d01a902fe_0_69>.  If you have any questions or problems, let us know in the Embiggening WG.

If you just want to compare the rendered PDF:

  *   Here's a PDF from the head of the mpi-4.x branch<https://aws.open-mpi.org/~jsquyres/forum-unofficial/mpi-report-mpi4xhead-d8ad059.pdf> (i.e., old/original LaTeX)
  *   Here's a PDF from the head of the Pythonization branch<https://aws.open-mpi.org/~jsquyres/forum-unofficial/mpi-report-15b96e7-pythonized-NOT-emibggened.pdf> with no Embiggening (i.e,. new/Python-rendered LaTeX) -- updated 14 Jan 2020

Deadline: 21 Jan, 2020
    This gives us time to finalize everything before the T-2 week deadline for the Portland Forum meeting.

NOTE: At the ABQ Forum meeting, I asked you to commit/PR your approvals.json file that resulted from running the tool.  This is no longer necessary -- please just mark the google spreadsheet as described in the wiki.

jsquyres at cisco.com<mailto:jsquyres at cisco.com>