[Mpi-forum] MPI_Pcontrol const argument

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 6 09:48:31 CDT 2017

There is no rationale, other than that this is an IN argument and hence is unchanged.  Of course, declaring it as const achieves nothing new.  I think it was just a rote application of that rule, to a routine that is rarely used.

Bill

William Gropp
Acting Director and Chief Scientist, NCSA
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign