[Mpi-forum] Status of vendor MPI 3.0 RMA implementations

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Mon Mar 24 08:03:50 CDT 2014

Technically speaking, no MPI implementation supports external32, so no one is MPI-2 compliant either.  But I think we can ignore that.

I’ll ignore dynamic processes as well, though I think it’s fairly easy to (badly) support it by setting universe size to world size.

F08 is optional in the standard.  No one has a full implementation with subarrays and stuff, but it’ll be a while before that’ll happen given that there’s only one compiler that allows it right now.

The tools interface is not optional.  So Cray MPI is not compliant.

IBM PE MPI is “compliant", but they don’t have a public release yet (so I guess we call it not compliant).

Intel MPI 5.0b (public release) is probably the only vendor MPI that is fully MPI-3 compliant.

  — Pavan