[Mpi-forum] info key text normative?

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 13 12:14:38 CDT 2014

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Hammond wrote on Thu, 13 Mar 2014 at 09:48:59

> Is the text that describes info keys normative, i.e. binding?

Yes, the mechanics of info keys are well defined, and the standard defines reserved keys for file objects (page 500).

>  I thought implementations were free to ignore info keys and thus
> the text defining them was not necessarily normative.

Implementations can ignore keys, but this doesn't change how info keys behave from an interface perspective.

At least that's my take on it.
-Fab