[Mpi-forum] Did we screw up the const bindings in MPI-3?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 23 14:37:57 CDT 2013

On 05/23/2013 03:59 AM US Central Time, Marc-Andre Hermanns wrote:
> we had a similar reports from Scalasca users on systems with MPICH3.

It's "MPICH", whose latest version is 3.0.4.  Please don't advertise
"MPICH3" anywhere :-).

> We solved it for us with a preprocessor macro that is prepended to all
> relevant buffer parameters. Depending on the MPI version the macro
> resolves to a 'const' or not. Quite low-tech, I know. ;-)

I'm not saying it cannot be solved.  In fact, we proposed a similar
solution to the Tau folks.  I'm just saying it's not backward
compatible.  But maybe I was the only person surprised by that.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji