[Mpi-forum] ABI

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 12:23:03 CST 2013

Todd Gamblin wrote a nice PMPI interposition generator that would
partially automate such an implementation once the various object
converters were written by people familiar with the various ABIs.
I've used it for something related to ABI conversion, albeit much,
much simpler, so I'm happy to contribute to this effort, but if and
only if Intel resolves the patent issue.

If there's another way to do this that doesn't use PMPI, I don't
understand enough of how it would work to evaluate if I could
contribute.

Maybe Squyres can create https://github.com/open-mpi/goldenspike (in
reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_spike) for people to
fork and add the various x2y ABI conversion tools.

Jeff