[Mpi-forum] Meeting schedule for 2013

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Sep 27 05:49:06 CDT 2012

> even years: 3US+euroMPI
> odd years: 2US,1Asia+EuroMPI.

Yes, this was the last position at the Forum and also discussed
at the EuroMPI business meeting.

The MPI Forum was re-started by the activities at several EuroMPI
conferences, the last one at Paris 2007.

Therefore, there is a strong relationship and resposibility
and to have the MPI Forum meeting in US and the EuroMPI in Europe
both in fall, would not reflect this responsibility.

As far as I see, the colleagues in Madrid would like to host the
MPI Forum meeting together with the EuroMPI and therefore,
I expect - based on the previous meeting rules - we will have

  MPI-next Forum meeting Sep. 11-13, 2013,
  (instead of Sep. 9-11 in San Jose), and
  EuroMPI, Sep. 15-18, 2013, both in Madrid, Spain

This may change in later years if the EuroMPI may go to Asia,
but this is another discussion within the EuroMPI organizers.

Best regards
Rolf