[Mpi-forum] MPI-2.2 errata tickets - may be urgent

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 17 12:59:30 CST 2012

==Executive summary==

Only #196 and #198 might possibly need to be discussed by and voted upon by the whole Forum.  However, neither is an especially pressing or interesting issue.  All of the rest of the tickets just require that the chapter authors are diligent and correct all of the small issues contained in these tickets for their respective chapters.

==Detailed review==

#166, #170, #172, #177, #179, #181, #183, #186, #191, #197, #200, #201, and #202 are all trivial text changes that should be absorbed by the appropriate chapter committees.  ***We must not waste our time reading these and voting on them in the whole Forum***

As long as C++ is deprecated then we should avoid taking any action on #59, #190, or #192.  However #190 and #192 are trivial if the relevant chapter committees want to fix them.

#199 is a very small (sort of) problem w.r.t. our inconsistent IN/OUT/INOUT usage.  I'm inclined to say that we should leave this up to the chapter committee as well.  Fab could do us all a favor by withdrawing it again.

#176, #178, and #261 aren't trivial, but they can easily be handled by a short discussion within the relevant chapter committees.

I've withdrawn #193 as a duplicate of #201.

#196 might warrant some discussion, although I personally think that the issue is pointless.

#198 is something that needs to be handled by chapter authors/committees, although the correct action to take would need to be decided by a beauty contest at the forum level.  My personal view is that this ticket is a waste of time.

-Dave