[Mpi-forum] MPI_WAIT/MPI_TEST and generalized, I/O, and NBC requests

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Mon Feb 13 07:20:58 CST 2012

> Non-blocking I/O requests weren't covered by the text in the 2.2
> standard, so it's not just generalized requests that were missed.

Non-blocking I/O requests did not exist in MPI-2.2.
They may come with MPI-3.0.

Yes, your text is perfect.
Do you file the ticket?
Please use official MPI-2.2 page and line numbers,
as in nearly all other tickets.
I would say, it is enough when you copy the paragraphes
mentioned in may email into the ticket.

As Change-log, I would recommend:

Section 3.7 on page 48.[[BR]]
It is clarified that MPI_Wait and MPI_Test set the request handle to
MPI_REQUEST_NULL if a generalized request is completed.

Best regards
Rolf