[Mpi-forum] Review/Reading versions of #204 and #266

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 9 11:42:20 CDT 2011

Hi Martin,

As I won't be at the Greece meeting, I thought I would give you feedback now.

I see that the string length handling is consistent with the silly precedent set with functions like MPI_COMM_GET_NAME, where the buffer length on input is assumed.  This is just bad software design, and I feel very strongly that we should from this pattern and have the string length specified on input by making the parameter INOUT just like you did for the MPI_T interfaces.

Cheers,
-Fab

Martin Schulz wrote on Fri, 9 Sep 2011 at 00:11:40