[Mpi-forum] Oct 24-26, 2011 meeting in Chicago

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Sep 8 09:30:16 CDT 2011

I am the chair of SAAHPC next year so I am aware of the logistical
issues of hosting an event.  The administrative cost in FTE hours is
likely less than what you, Darius and I will lose from the commute
that day.

There is sufficient lead time in this case to process all of the
foreign nationals who are not already in our system.  For example,
anyone from the Forum who has visited Argonne recently and/or has a
BGP account (e.g. Torsten) would already have a 593 on file and thus
be equivalent to a US citizen in terms of administrative overhead.

Bill's argument about public transit is probably the death blow to my
dream of driving 5 minutes to the Forum meeting.

I can discuss administrative overhead with ALCF and see if we can do
this in the future if outside attendees are at all interested.

Jeff