[Mpi-forum] 2012 tentative meeting agenda

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 9 15:18:34 CDT 2011

Jeff Squyres wrote on Thu, 9 Jun 2011 at 06:25:51

> Rich --
>
> Did you mean June 25-27 and Dec 3-5?  (you said June 25-28 and Dec 3-6)

My understanding is that once we go quarterly, the meetings will be longer.

> Also, if you put the meetings in Portland and Chicago, then Microsoft will be
> hosting *ALL* of them.  Was that intended?

It's not a requirement that Microsoft host in Chicago, someone else could.  Currently, it's mostly out of convenience as the downtown location of the Microsoft office is easily accessible, and consensus was that this outweighed the wifi issues.

> Will Microsoft be willing to do that?

The Chicago meetings are a bit of a PITA for me to attend, so I was hoping to skip out on some and let someone else host.  Hosting in Portland is obviously ideal for me: good coffee, good beer, good food, and I live here.  Assuming I attend the Chicago meetings I don't foresee any problems continuing to host them at our downtown facility.

> Will we all be willing to put up with intermittent wifi at every meeting?
> (sorry, it's true...)

I would hope the guest internet access is better than the Chicago one, though I don't have a system to test it with.  It would certainly be newer, and newer things are supposed to be better...

> I'd be willing to keep hosting at Cisco in San Jose, CA.

I suggest we pick just one meeting in Portland at first, see how the location works out, and then the Forum can decided whether to do more here or stick with San Jose.  If we did the January meeting in Portland, we could leave the December meeting open and then pick either  PDX or SJC based on how it goes?

Cheers,
-Fab