[Mpi-forum] Draft standard - take II

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Nov 1 12:44:55 CDT 2010

On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:49 AM, Graham, Richard L. wrote:

> The pdf generated from current trunk, which is the "golden version" and should include only Forum agreed upon changes, should be compared against the 2.2 pdf.  There have been a small number of corrections made in the current trunk - obvious typo's, capitalization errors, etc., but these have been explicitly coordinated with Bill and myself.

Er... what?

I see both the trunk and the https://svn.mpi-forum.org/svn/mpi-forum-docs/branches/MPI-3.0-2010-11-draft branch, both of which have commits in the past 1 business day.

Which one is the PDF coming from?  Which one should be reviewed?  What is the "other" SVN branch that you just mentioned to Pavan in an email about the hybrid chapter?

:-(

> I am assuming that after tomorrow no more input will be inbound, and we will proceed with final preparation of draft standard.

I do not believe that that is a good idea.  I do not know what to review, and therefore have not done any.  Indeed, things keep changing, so even if I knew what SVN tree to review, *when* exactly do I review it?  (i.e., what r number of what branch)

Am I the only one that is confused, or am I the only one publicly saying that I am confused?

Also, you still didn't answer my question about who exactly has to respond...