[Mpi-forum] MPI load data to multiple nodes

Jack Bryan dtustudy68 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 20:03:42 CDT 2010

Dear All,
I am working on a multi-computer Open MPI cluster system.
If I put some data files in /home/mypath/folder, is it possible that all non-head nodes can access the files in the folder ?
I need to load some data to some nodes, if all nodes can access the data, I do not need to load them to each node one by one.
If multiple nodes access the same file to get data, is there conflict ?
For example,
fopen(myFile) by node 1, at the same time fopen(myFile) by node 2.
Is it allowed to do that on MPI cluster without conflict ?
Any help is appreciated.
Jinxu Ding
July 12  2010