[Mpi-forum] Sept 2-4 MPI Forum meeting in Helsinki

Torsten Hoefler htor at cs.indiana.edu
Tue Jul 21 10:41:05 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:34:58AM -0400, Rich L. Graham wrote:
> I have heard of people having trouble making a room reservation at the
> Radisson in Helsinki.  I was just able to make a reservation in the
> room block - the key seems to get the correct hotel (turns out there
> are 3) - The Royal Blue hotel.
I just made mine. It's a bit complex because the front desk doesn't
accept the group rate. However, they will give you another number
(+358201234700 or 08001158775) which is the central SAS reservation
number. The 0800 is a European toll-free number, so I don't know if it's
possible to call it from the US (I failed), however, the other one works
:). There you can make the reservation by just asking for the group rate
"MPI09" (they will find the right hotel with this hint). You have to ask
for a confirmation email (they won't do it by default).

Just my $0.02 & good luck,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler       | Postdoctoral Fellow