[Mpi-forum] MPI prototype license

Anthony Skjellum tony at cis.uab.edu
Wed Jul 29 10:44:51 CDT 2009

Torsten, please look at "Modified BSD".
Sounds good in general.
Tony

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Hoefler" <htor at cs.indiana.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 2:07:11 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Mpi-forum] MPI prototype license

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 08:04:52PM +0100, Supalov, Alexander wrote:
>    Hi everybody,
>
>    Many prototypes are being developed currently for MPI-2.2 and MPI-3. Under
>    what license will they be made available to the community? Certain types
>    of licenses, like GPL, may not be suitable for commercial adoption of the
>    prototype code. BSD-like licenses are normally acceptable. I think we
>    should discuss this matter at the Forum this time. You comments and
>    suggestions are welcome.
I would support such a discussion and also propose a BSD-like license.
Another interesting question: what license is MPI-2.1 under?

Best,
  Torsten

--
 bash$ :(){ :|:&};: --------------------- http://www.unixer.de/ -----
Torsten Hoefler, Ph.D. | Postdoctoral Researcher

Anthony Skjellum, PhD
Professor and Chair
Dept. of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
+1-(205)934-8657; FAX: +1- (205)934-5473
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged.  If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person,
use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.