[Mpi-forum] Funding for the MPI Forum activities

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Tue Mar 4 17:04:21 CST 2008

  Thanks to work by Jack Dongarra, NSF has agreed to help pay for the cost
of participants from US institutions who elect to participate in the MPI
Forum.  This grant will begin with the meeting starting next week, and will
cover one person per institution up to $750 per meeting.  There are funds to
support people from up to 25 institutions.  Jack's group at the University
of Tennessee will be administering the funds.
  To be eligible for these funds, pre-approval is required.  I passed on the
names and e-mail addresses of those from US academic institutions who
participated in the last meeting.  If you are aware of others who would like
to participate, but were unable to travel, please let then know ASAP, and
have them send me a note.  I will pass these requests on to UT, and get out
of the middle of this.  Unfortunately, there is extra approval needed for
non-US citizens to be able to use these funds, which may not be able to be
finished in 3 days, so people who are in that category will most likely need
to wait until the next meeting to be able to use these funds.

Thanks,
Rich