[Mpi-22] SVN committing MPI-2.2 latex

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Fri Jun 12 07:33:36 CDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 1:49 AM, William Gropp wrote:

> Some tickets involve multiple chapters, not counting the change log
> (though most of the currently passed items will not have change log
> entries as they are clarifications to the text that do not impact
> implementations).  It would be useful to have a field with a list of
> the authors, though I'd also need a mapping of email/Name to trac ID
> for this in order to fill this in (my list is by name).

It looks like Trac will let me add this in one of two ways:

1. A text box where you can type in author names.
2. A series of checkboxes, one for each chapter author (e.g., "Jeff
Squyres __, Bill Gropp ___, ...etc.").

The advantage of #1 is simplicity.  The advantage of #2 is
commonality / ease of searching.

Which would you prefer?

> For the items that have multiple authors, the easiest way for the
> authors is provide PDFs for their sections (I've already done that for
> the tickets that overlap my chapters).  Is there some easy way to
> associate these files with the authors when there are multiple chapter
> authors involved?

Probably not -- I think attachments are attachments.  Perhaps we
should just have a filename convention?  chap-<foo>.pdf, like they are
produced when you "make" in the chapter subdirectory?  I'd also
suggest that authors should snip and only include the relevant pages
when possible (rather than the entire chapter)

Cisco Systems