[Mpi-22] Higher-level languages proposal

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at [hidden]
Tue Oct 14 01:09:05 CDT 2008

Dear Jeff,

Unfortunately, I won't be in Chicago, so we should rather discuss this
here. I talked to Torsten last time about this extension. As far as I
can remember, the main purpose of this extension is to make sure that
the thread that called the MPI_Probe also calls the MPI_Recv and gets
the message matched by the aforementioned MPI_Probe.

If so, the main problem here is not the matching. The main problem is
that one cannot address threads in MPI. If we fix that, the proposed
extension with the message handle and such will become superfluous.

See what I mean?

Best regards.

Alexander