[Mpi-21] Review of MPI-2.1 combined document

Richard Graham rlgraham at [hidden]
Mon Mar 3 17:29:03 CST 2008

Here is a first cut at comments on chapter 3.  It looks good overall.  Some
of these comments, I am sure, are relevant once the automated part is done,
as it involves text changes referring to the new document.

Rich

Chapter 3:
**********

What about signed char - it should also be in the basic data section.  In
addition, this and wide char and unsigned long long should go into the data
type table.

Pate 34, line 1-6 - ok, but marked in red.  They are from the original 1.1
document.

Page 39 is incorrect.  Lines 36-38.  there is a standard definition in
Fortran 2003 for fortran/C interoperability.

Page 53: lines 30-34, need to get the correct reference based on the new
document. (also, unmarked as moved text)

What happened to section 4.5/4.5.1 from the MPI 2.0 standard.  4.5.2 made it
over.

Page 69 line 7 incorrectly states that there are four ways to create
persistent communication request.  The correct number is 5 - 4 send, 1
receive.

Page 72, lines 34-38 need to reference the correct pages in the combined 2.1
document.

Page 76 lines 1-4 should not be colored.  They are from the 1.1 doc.

Page 76 line 39:  Do we still want to keep the name New in the title ?  This
also seems out of place.

Page 77 lines 1-12 should be merged with the text, with the MPI 1.1 versions
explicitly marked as deprecated.

Page 94: lines 42-46, reference the correct pages in the new combined
document.

Page 95: lines 2-4, do we need this explanation ?

Page 95: line 21-22, change to page reference in the new document.