[Mpi-21] pt2pt chapter - split into 2 chapters?

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at [hidden]
Tue Apr 8 15:27:09 CDT 2008

>>> please do not forget to svn commit your current chapter
    pt2pt.tex and credits.tex source this evening and give me
    back the write-token. <<<

Rich,

I'm not sure wether you are doing this already:
Chapter 3 to 14 have each 38 pages in average,
but Chapter 3 has 100 pages.
The last 50 pages are 3.12-3.14, the derived datatypes
together with pack and unpack.
These 50 pages are independent from normal pt2pt communication,
because needed also in all other communication.

I would recommend to spilt it into 2 chapters.
(It was already proposed from someone else.)

If nobody is against, and you have not done already,
I would do it tomorrow together with the corrections
based on the last reviews.

Please do not forget to svn commit and to send me an
email, giving me back the allowance to write (write-token).
(If you have done nothing, then I need only the email.)
ASAP I'll transfer the token back to you.

Have you already looked at the new Indexes?

My next mail looks at Chapter 11.

Best regards
Rolf

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)