[Mpi-21] Newest updates

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Tue Apr 8 16:54:36 CDT 2008

The new indexes are a good idea, but they seem a bit inconsistent:

- The examples index is a mix of upper and lower case MPI function names
- The MPI constant index has only 1 C++ constant listed
- I see weird entries in the MPI constant index, such as:
   MPI_ERR_... (I'm not abbreviating -- there's actually an
"MPI_ERR_..." entry)
   MPI_Delete_function
   MPI_Copy_function
   MPI_Aint
   ...and others
- I'm not sure what the MPI C++ index is; the only item listed that
does not have an equivalent in C is MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS
- The MPI function index has weird entries, similar to the constant
index, such as:
   MPI_
   MPI_*_FREE
   MPI_{TYPE,COMM,WIN}_CREATE_KEYVAL
   MPI_Comm_delete_attr_function
   ...and others
- The MPI function index also has a mix of upper and lower case MPI
function names

On Apr 8, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:
> Please have a look at the last pages of
> http://www.hlrs.de/mpi/mpi21/doc/mpi-report.pdf
>
> At the end, all Index data is now separated into 4 Indexes.
> - The entries in the C++ index should be corrected that
>  they go directly into the const index.
> - The Callback index is not complete.
>
> Best regards
> Rolf
>
> Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
> High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
> University of Stuttgart . . . . . . . . .. fax ++49(0)711 / 685-65832
> Head of Dpmt Parallel Computing . . . www.hlrs.de/people/rabenseifner
> Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)

Cisco Systems