[Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at [hidden]
Thu Apr 3 11:58:09 CDT 2008

Rolf:

Re:
> my general statements do not answer you initial question:

My opinion is that leaving obvious problems unfixed based
on an expected future version is a bad idea. However, I
don't want to argue over this since I think the best
approach is just to remove them now and then we don't
have to worry about them. Others have more concerns over
the time that they can devote to this (not that I have an
abundance) and might want to delay in any event in order
to get it right (at least mostly).

> If you decide to move parts from Chap.11 to  Chap.7,
> then you both mus discuss this. You both are responsible
> for these chapters.
> And you should first convince your reviewers:
>  - Chap. 7: Rich, Jesper, Steve, Kannan, David, Bill
>  - Chap.11: Bill and Rainer
> My recommendation:
> Express clearly which parts should be moved exactly to wich line
> (all based on page/line numbers as **printed** in Draft Apr. 1, 2008).

I have discussed moving the datatype decoding stuff
with Rich and Bill. I will move those sections as I
suggested, with an initial pass for the current review.
This works well for Rich since he does not have time
to do this for another couple of weeks. I hope to get
that done today.

For the remainder, I will look over the two chapters
(7 & 11) and propose an initial merge strategy. George
can react to that; I don't know how long it will take
me to get that done...

Bronis