[Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Richard Graham rlgraham at [hidden]
Thu Apr 3 10:47:14 CDT 2008

2.1 we do expect to have a somewhat short lifetime, depending on what
 happens with MPI 2.2 and 3.0.  However, this is the base for future
revisions
 of the standard, so I think that it is worth slipping this schedule a bit
so
 that we have a firm base to build on.  The document will never be perfect,
 and this is not what we should strive for, but we should strive to have it
be
 in a form that someone can pick up the document and implement the
 standard correctly.

I will also add that I have talked with some who have committed to do a
 major portion of work for 2.1 who simply do not have the cycles to do this
 for several weeks.  I am in the same situation.

Rich

*