[Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at [hidden]
Wed Apr 2 15:03:07 CDT 2008

Rolf:

I have finished editing chapter 14: Profiling. I have
attached the modified prof.tex since I do not yet have
write access. More importantly, either there is a problem
with the 2.1 macros or I am doing something wrong (I think
it is the first but I am not LaTex fluent enough to be
certain). Specifically, the first letter of the word
following the end markers does not appear in the generated
PDF. I would appreciate it if you could look into which it is.

Another observation is that the macro does not work around
empty sections. In particular, I tried to mark the section
that I moved with the macros, with the original text commented
out. I tried to do the same for some MPI-1.0 text that was
contradictory to or redundant with the text that I moved.
Having those empty macro regions caused the compile to fail.
It might be nice to have some way to flag the deleted text,
with the convention, at least for now, of just commenting
it out and not to delete it entirely from the file.

Let me know if I am doing things right here and then I will
move on to fixing chapter 11: External Interfaces. Thanks,

Bronis

*